hero image

Bricklayers Insurance

Expert tradesman insurance for self-employed brickies

Start your quote
feefo logo

Cover for your business, staff, tools and equipment

Quick online quotes in less than 90 seconds

Rated 4.7 out of 5 by our customers on Feefo

bricklayers insurance intro image

Whether you’re a self-employed bricklayer or a bricklaying business with employees, you are exposed to accident risk on a daily basis.

Our bricklayers insurance provides expert cover for a range of risks you face, providing you with the reassurance you need to get on with your job, knowing you’re covered.

Start your quote

What is bricklayers insurance?

Bricklayers insurance provides cover for your business against the unexpected, such as a claim for accident or injury, or for third-party property damage, or for your tools and equipment being stolen, lost or damaged.

Our insurance cover available includes bricklayers public liability insurance, personal accident and sickness cover, and tools insurance. All our insurance policies can be purchased quickly and easily via our online quote system.


Why do bricklayers need business insurance?

No matter how careful you are accidents can happen, as a brickie, your work can cause personal injury and damage to property. If property damage does occur or someone gets injured, you could be held responsible and find yourself facing a claim for compensation.

If you were to accidentally drop a brick on someone’s head, would you be able to cover the cost of a claim out of your own pocket?

Or if your toolkit, which you’d spent years building up at significant expense, was to be stolen could you afford to immediately replace those tools?

What if a building contractor alleges negligence in your work after they inspect a wall you’ve built? This may sound like a rare scenario, but it could happen!

Our tradesman insurance policies can provide you with the peace of mind that, if something goes wrong, you’ll be covered if you need to defend a claim against yourself.

Why choose Caunce O'Hara for your bricklayers insurance?

As trades insurance experts, we're your number one choice for your business protection.

bricklayers insurance media list image

Trusted by over 23,000 clients for their business insurance.


Immediate cover available, with documents issued via email in minutes!


Over 25 years’ experience of insuring self-employed professionals, including freelancers, contractors, and small business owners.

Golden star
I had spoken to Caunce O'Hara prior to the transaction and it all went smoothly for me. I have used them now for 12 years.
Trusted Customer
Golden star
Excellent Customer service and value for money. Best public liability, professional indemnity and employers liability insurance offer I’ve come across.
Trusted Customer
Golden star
Company insurances renewed for another year with Caunce O'Hara. No drama, issues or concerns.
Trusted Customer

Frequently asked questions about bricklayers insurance

Our cover for bricklayers is designed to protect you against the risks you potentially face daily, such as:

Property damage – You accidentally drop a brick from height which damages a client’s property.

Third-party injury – A member of the public trips over your tools or bricks that you have placed on the floor, and sustains a wrist injury. As a result, they make a claim against you for compensation.

Theft or damage to tools and trade materials – An opportunist thief steals your tools while you’re on your lunch break.

At Caunce O’Hara we offer you the ability to tailor your tradesman insurance to meet the specific needs of your business. If you simply want public liability insurance, that’s fine with us. If you want protection for your employees, work accidents, or negligence claims, we can help with that too. Our range of insurance policies suits most trades sector requirements.

Caunce O’Hara are experts for tradesman insurance. These are just a few of the reasons to choose us for your cover:

Quick online quotes

Complete our easy online quote form and you can get a quote in as little as 90 seconds.

Affordable cover

We always strive to provide value for money for our clients. Our pricing is transparent, meaning you won’t be charged any hidden or unnecessary fees.

Highly rated customer service

Looking after our customers in Caunce O’Hara’s DNA, which is reflected in our positive customer feedback.

Over 25 years’ experience

We’ve been offering business insurance to self-employed professionals since 1995. As a result, we understand the needs of self-employed professionals from a wide range of business sectors, which enables us to tailor our cover to meet your needs.

The cost of a trades insurance policy varies depending on your type of cover and the level of cover you need based on the size of your business, the equipment you use, and whether you employ staff.

Our bricklayers insurance starts from £88.33* per annum. For a clearer idea of how much you can expect to pay for your cover, simply get a quick online quote today.

*Price based on a bricklayer requiring £1million of public liability insurance.

As well as public liability insurance, we offer a range of insurance covers for your individual circumstances, including:

  • Personal accident insurance – covers you for accidents sustained in the course of your work and can pay a lump sum or regular payments to cover loss of earnings.
  • Employers’ liability insurance (EL) – is a legal requirement if you employ staff, with a minimum of £5 million of cover to protect your employees.
  • Tools insurance – available with our public liability insurance policy, provides cover from £1,000 to £5,000 for the replacement of your lost, damaged or stolen tools.
  • Good in transit insurance – provides cover for your goods against theft, loss or damage while they are being transported in your own vehicle, or on your behalf by a third-party carrier. The policy can cover theft of items whilst in transit; damage caused by an accident during transit; loss of items during transit; and damage caused to items during transit.
  • Plant insurance (PI) – we offer cover for both hired-in and owned plant equipment. Plant insurance can cover the costs incurred for ongoing lease hire for hired-in plant while the hired plant is being replaced, recovered or repaired, and can cover the cost of repairing or replacing owned plant following theft, loss or damage (accidental or malicious) to your equipment.
  • Contract works insurance – cover for costs incurred in having to re-do work that is part of a contract, including the cost of the tools, materials and the labour, should the existing work be destroyed by fire, flood, or theft.
  • Professional indemnity insurance (PI) – covers professionals who give advice, provide designs or other professional services to customers and covers allegations of negligent work.

The excess is the amount you pay towards a claim you make on your insurance policy. For example, if you make a claim for £1,000 for stolen tools and your excess is £200, then your payout will be £800.

Insurance policyLowest excessHighest excess
Public liability insurance£250£250
Employers’ liability insurance£0£0
Tools & trade materials cover (only available with the public liability policy)£250£250
Personal accident insurance£0£0
Professional indemnity insurance£250£500

Please note the figures shown are for illustrative purposes only and any excess applied to your quote may differ.

Contact us

Call 0333 321 1403

Our understanding of the freelance sector and the challenges you face daily, enables us to tailor our insurance products to meet your needs. Contact us to talk about your insurance requirements and to better understand the insurance we offer.

Get in touch
Contact Caunce O'Hara for your business insurance today