Experts for insuring railway contractors throughout the UK
Caunce O’Hara currently cover 10,000+ rail workers for railway contractor insurance through our Umbrella Scheme for: professional indemnity insurance, employers liability insurance and public/products liability insurance.
Here at Caunce O’Hara we were the pioneers of online insurance policies for freelancers and contractors in 1997. We are proud to be able to directly offer online railway contractor insurance policies through our Rail Scheme.
Policies available to you include:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance – up to £5million
- Employers Liability Insurance – up to £10million
- Public/Products Liability Insurance – up to £5million (with the option of £10million cover to be referred to our underwriters, dependent on the level of risk).
General acceptable criteria for cover includes:
- Turnover or fee income of less than £250,000 pa.
- A maximum of 5 employees.
- No claims or circumstances in the last 3 years.
- Need to be a UK-based company.
- All UK-based work – no overseas exposure.
- No previous insurance cancelled or declined.
- Work as part of a team, with no sign-off responsibility for work undertaken.
Below is a list of the rail professions with access to cover under our Rail Scheme.
Green = Low level of risk. Amber = Moderate level of risk. Red = High level of risk.