Green Cards

Insurers warned UK motorists planning to drive to other European Countries that they may have needed Green Cards in the event of a no-deal BREXIT.

What is a Green Card?

A green card is essentially international insurance certificate that proves your motor insurance policy provides the minimum cover required.

It is unlikely that you’ll need a Green Card if you are simply hiring a car in Europe as the rental from the hire company should cover you.
However, you might be asked for one if you have rented a vehicle in the UK for use in Europe.