hero image

Cleaners Insurance

Expert insurance for commercial and residential cleaners

Start your quote
feefo logo

Cover for your business, staff, tools and equipment

Quick online quotes in less than 90 seconds

Rated 4.7 out of 5 by our customers on Feefo

cleaner insurance intro image

Whether you clean people’s homes or office premises, or provide a specialist service such as carpet and upholstery cleaning, you really don’t want to be without cleaners insurance. Without it, your business really could end up in a financial mess.

Start your quote

What is cleaners insurance?

Cleaners insurance will protect you and your cleaning business if something goes wrong. Our insurance policies offer a range of cover that can be tailored to meet your needs, providing you with all-round protection.


Why do cleaners need insurance?

No matter how careful you are, you might easily break something valuable in a customer’s home or office. Without cleaners insurance, you could face compensation costs that you’d have to pay out of your own pocket.

Examples of why cleaners need insurance can include:

  • A member of office staff slips and falls on a wet floor that you have mopped. Public liability insurance will cover you if a claim is made.
  • You are accused of theft from a customer’s home or a client’s office. Legal expenses insurance will provide cover for your legal fees to defend against the claim.

Why choose business insurance from Caunce O'Hara?

As trades insurance experts, we're your number one choice for your business protection.

cleaner insurance media list image

Trusted by over 23,000 clients for their business insurance.


Immediate cover available, with documents issued via email in minutes!


Over 25 years’ experience of insuring self-employed professionals, including freelancers, contractors, and small business owners.

Golden star
I had spoken to Caunce O'Hara prior to the transaction and it all went smoothly for me. I have used them now for 12 years.
Trusted Customer
Golden star
Excellent Customer service and value for money. Best public liability, professional indemnity and employers liability insurance offer I’ve come across.
Trusted Customer
Golden star
Company insurances renewed for another year with Caunce O'Hara. No drama, issues or concerns.
Trusted Customer

Frequently asked questions about double glazing installer insurance

At Caunce O’Hara we offer the opportunity to tailor your insurance to meet your specific needs, including:

Property damage – You accidentally damage a customer’s property whilst cleaning the premises requiring the damage to be repaired. In a residential home this could be an ornament, a work of wall art, or a piece of furniture. In a commercial situation, property damage could include computers, monitors, and printers.

Injury to the general public – A passer-by sustains an injury when they slip on a wet floor that you have cleaned and have forgotten to display slip hazard signage.

Caunce O’Hara are experts for tradesman insurance. These are just a few of the reasons to choose us for your cover:

Quick online quotes

Complete our simple online quote form and get a quote in as little as 90 seconds.

Affordable protection

Our pricing is fully transparent, meaning you won’t be charged any hidden or unnecessary fees.

Platinum rated customer service

Customer service has always been at the top of Caunce O’Hara’s priorities, which is reflected in our positive Feefo feedback.

Over 25 years’ experience

We have been offering business insurance to self-employed professionals since 1995. As a result we understand the needs of self-employed business owners and contractors, which enables us to provide the cover you need.

The cost of an annual premium varies depending on your type of cover (residential or commercial cleaning) and the level of cover you require. Our public liability insurance starts from £56.54* for residential cleaners and from £70.66*for commercial cleaners.

* Price quoted is an annual figure, inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax at the current rate, and based on £1million public liability insurance, with 1 employee, 5+ years trading and no claims in the last 3 years.

As well as public liability insurance, we offer a range of insurance covers for your individual circumstances, including:

  • Personal accident insurance – covers you for accidents sustained in the course of your work and can pay a lump sum or regular payments to cover loss of earnings.
  • Employers’ liability insurance (EL) – is a legal requirement if you employ staff, with a minimum of £5 million of cover to protect your employees.
  • Tools insurance – available with our public liability insurance policy, provides cover from £1,000 to £5,000 for the replacement of your lost, damaged or stolen tools.
  • Good in transit insurance – provides cover for your goods against theft, loss or damage while they are being transported in your own vehicle, or on your behalf by a third-party carrier. The policy can cover theft of items whilst in transit; damage caused by an accident during transit; loss of items during transit; and damage caused to items during transit.
  • Plant insurance (PI) – we offer cover for both hired-in and owned plant equipment. Plant insurance can cover the costs incurred for ongoing lease hire for hired-in plant while the hired plant is being replaced, recovered or repaired, and can cover the cost of repairing or replacing owned plant following theft, loss or damage (accidental or malicious) to your equipment.
  • Contract works insurance – cover for costs incurred in having to re-do work that is part of a contract, including the cost of the tools, materials and the labour, should the existing work be destroyed by fire, flood, or theft.
  • Professional indemnity insurance (PI) – covers professionals who give advice, provide designs or other professional services to customers and covers allegations of negligent work.

The excess is the amount you pay towards a claim you make on your insurance policy. For example, if you make a claim for £1,000 for stolen tools and your excess is £200, then your payout will be £800.

Insurance policyLowest excessHighest excess
Public liability insurance£250£250
Employers’ liability insurance£0£0
Tools & trade materials cover (can only be purchased with the public liability policy)£250£250
Personal accident insurance£0£0
Professional indemnity insurance£250£500

Please note the figures shown are for illustrative purposes only and any excess applied to your quote may differ, or affect the price.


Contact us

Call 0333 321 1403

Our understanding of the freelance sector and the challenges you face daily, enables us to tailor our insurance products to meet your needs. Contact us to talk about your insurance requirements and to better understand the insurance we offer.

Get in touch
Contact Caunce O'Hara for your business insurance today