Comprehensive business insurance for freelancers and contractors.

Your insurance safety net

Start Your Quote

Quick and easy online quote and buy in minutes!

Trusted by over 23,000 businesses across the UK

Immediate and comprehensive insurance cover

An insurance safety net for freelancers and contractors

Working for yourself as a freelancer or contractor can have huge benefits, but it can be stressful and comes with certain risks.

When you are self-employed you are responsible for the projects you deliver to your clients, and if something goes wrong with a project that causes your client a financial loss, then you could be held accountable for the costs.

That’s when our freelance insurance products can help. Our comprehensive business insurance enables you to get on with your job, knowing you are protected.

Start Your Quote

Cover that enables you to work with peace of mind and security

Comprehensive freelance insurance designed to protect you and your business.

Our freelance professional indemnity insurance is designed to protect you if a client of yours suffers financial loss as a result of advice you have given to them, or work you have complete for them.

We offer a range of policies to protect freelancers and contractors, making us the number one choice for your insurance protection.

Cover available includes:

  • Professional indemnity insurance
  • Public liability cover
  • Tax enquiry and legal expenses cover
  • Contract reviews
  • Personal accident and sickness insurance
  • Portable equipment cover.
Start Your Quote

Insurance that reflects your self-employed status

Get a quick online quote for your business insurance today.

To start your personalised business insurance quote, simply click the ‘Start Your Quote’ button. You can see a quote in as little as 90 seconds!

Start Your Quote

Freelance insurance experts for more than 25 years

Caunce O’Hara have been providing insurance to freelancers and contractors for over 25 years.

Many of our clients renew with us each year because of our focus on high quality customer service.

Build your bespoke freelance insurance quote online with us today. Simply click the ‘Start Your Quote’ button.

Start Your Quote

Insurance for freelancers, contractors and small businesses

Choose from our range of insurance protection products below. Simply click for a quick online quote.

For self-employed professionals

Professional indemnity insurance

Protects against claims of alleged negligence in your professional services, advice and designs.

Start Your Quote
For self-employed professionals

Public liability insurance

Protects against injuring a member of the public or damaging their property. Click to build a quote online in minutes.

Start Your Quote
For self-employed business owners

Employers’ liability insurance

A legal requirement for anyone employing staff. Protects your business in-case an employee is injured at work.

Start Your Quote
For self-employed professionals

Legal expenses insurance

Cover for contract disputes, tax investigations, court attendance, debt recovery, and more.

Start Your Quote
For self-employed professionals

Personal accident insurance

Cover for work injuries, illnesses caused by work and compensation awards.

Start Your Quote
For self-employed professionals

Commercial crime insurance

Protection for losses from fraud, dishonesty, theft, bribery, forgery, and loss investigations.

Start Your Quote

Benefits of Caunce O’Hara freelance insurance

There are many benefits for freelancers, contractors and self-employed business owners, including:

Business insurance that gives you peace of mind you are covered.
Immediate cover available, with documents issued via email in minutes!
Flexible monthly payment options available.
Cover for legal defence costs and compensation bills arising from a claim.

Customer Reviews

We’re rated 4.7 out of 5 from 3,500+ reviews at

Great service again. Quick and easy renewal as always.
Trusted Customer
Great support and service. I would recommend using again.
Trusted Customer
Yes to recommend again. I received an excellent service.
Trusted Customer

! Related articles

! Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam.

! How to register your business at Companies House
! Volantis vitae unuch sed velit sodales. Sandor imperdiet proin.
Read More
! How to register your business at Companies House
! Volantis vitae unuch sed velit sodales. Sandor imperdiet proin.
Read More
! How to register your business at Companies House
! Volantis vitae unuch sed velit sodales. Sandor imperdiet proin.
Read More
! How to register your business at Companies House
! Volantis vitae unuch sed velit sodales. Sandor imperdiet proin.
Read More

Frequently asked business insurance questions

Find out more about our business insurance products here.

If you are unsure if you need professional indemnity insurance, this list of instances when it is advisable to be insured:
▪ You provide an expert service to your clients
▪ You provide consultancy and advice to your clients
▪ You handle personal information and data for your clients
▪ Your professional membership body insists you carry it
▪ Your client insists that you have it.

The level of protection you need will depend on the value of the work you do and the potential liability. Caunce O’Hara can help you build the ideal insurance policy that will help protect all areas of your business.
Available limits of indemnity range from £50,000 cover per annum up to £5,000,000 per annum.

▪ Legal expenses – Should a claim be made against you the policy will provide cover to help with the cost of legal proceedings.
▪ Cost of repairs – The cost of repairing damage to the claimant’s property, such as accidentally knocking over and breaking a valuable ornament in their offices during a meeting, or a plumber causing a leak/flood to a customer’s premises and damaging carpets as a result.
▪ Medical fees – The cost of hospital treatment, including ambulance call-out, if a claim is made against you for these.
▪ Compensation claims – Injury to third parties or damage to their property if an accident occurs on your business premises, a client’s premises or elsewhere.

Employers Liability cover is required by law for most businesses. You will need it if:
▪ You deduct Income Tax and National Insurance Contributions from the money you pay your employees.
▪ You have control over where and when your employees work.
▪ You have the right to claim profit made by your employees.
▪ You provide the equipment and materials your employees use.
▪ You need them to perform the job you employ them for and if the employee is unable to provide a substitute if they are unable to work.
▪ You have part-time or temporary employees.