hero image

Pest Controller Insurance

Start your quote
feefo logo

Cover for your business, staff, tools and equipment

Quick online quotes in less than 90 seconds

Rated 4.7 out of 5 by our customers on Feefo

pest controller insurance intro image

A career as a pest controller, providing services to residential and commercial customers, is not for the squeamish or feint-of-heart. When you’re undertaking wasp nest removal, and the removal of other insects such as bed bugs, spiders and fleas, and vermin control – especially in areas where there is waste food – you need a strong stomach and a fearless disposition.

Start your quote

What is pest controller insurance?

As a pest controller, you will typically be dealing with members of the public, so will need public liability insurance (PL) in case of damage to property or you cause an accident to a member of the public.

The PL policy offers protection for you and your business from compensation claims due to accidents and injury to members of the public, or due to accidental damage to property. We also offer a range of other covers that can provide all-round protection for you and your business.


Why does a pest controller need insurance?

If you provide pest control services, including vermin control, you will be working at customer’s homes or in business premises. Each of which brings you into contact with members of the public, which means you can become a liability for them, which is why you could benefit from our range of tradesman insurance policies.

Examples of why pest controllers need insurance include:

  • If you have an accidents at work it can result in you needing to take time off, having to reschedule jobs, and reduced income as a result. You could suffer bites and stings which could become infected or cause allergic reactions. Personal accident insurance can help cover your loss of earnings if you are sidelined as a result of an injury or illness caused by your work.
  • Damage to someone else’s property can occur when removing large objects such as wasp nests. If this scenario occurs, you could need your public liability insurance to cover the cost of rectifying the damage.

Why choose Caunce O'Hara for your insurance?

As trades insurance experts, we're your number one choice for your business protection.

pest controller insurance media list image

Trusted by over 23,000 clients for their business insurance.


Immediate cover available, with documents issued via email in minutes!


Over 25 years’ experience of insuring self-employed professionals, including freelancers, contractors, and small business owners.

Golden star
I had spoken to Caunce O'Hara prior to the transaction and it all went smoothly for me. I have used them now for 12 years.
Trusted Customer
Golden star
Excellent Customer service and value for money. Best public liability, professional indemnity and employers liability insurance offer I’ve come across.
Trusted Customer
Golden star
Company insurances renewed for another year with Caunce O'Hara. No drama, issues or concerns.
Trusted Customer

Frequently asked questions about pest controller insurance

At Caunce O’Hara we offer the opportunity to tailor your insurance to meet your needs, including:

Personal injury – Potentially working with sharp tools, caustic substances and poisons can pose a health and accident risk to yourself and others. Personal accident insurance offers cover for your loss of earnings.

Employers’ liability insurance – This policy is a mandatory form of insurance – with a minimum of £5 million of cover – if you employ staff.

Theft or damage to your tools and trade materials – Your essential tools, equipment or materials are stolen from your work van. Tools insurance can help get you back on track quickly.

Caunce O’Hara are experts for tradesman insurance. These are just a few of the reasons to choose us for your cover:

Quick online quotes

Complete our simple online quote form and get a quote in as little as 90 seconds.

Affordable protection

Our pricing is fully transparent, meaning you won’t be charged any hidden or unnecessary fees.

Platinum rated customer service

Customer service has always been at the top of Caunce O’Hara’s priorities, which is reflected in our positive Feefo feedback.

Over 25 years’ experience

We have been offering business insurance to self-employed professionals since 1995. As a result we understand the needs of self-employed business owners and contractors, which enables us to provide the cover you need.

The cost of an annual premium varies depending on your type of cover and the level of cover you need. Our public liability insurance for pest controllers starts from £106.00* for £1million of annual cover, which we think represents real value for money.

* Price quoted is inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax at the current rate, and based on a pest controller with 1 employee, 5+ years trading and no claims in the last 3 years.

As well as public liability insurance, we offer a range of insurance covers for your individual circumstances, including:

  • Personal accident insurance – covers you for accidents sustained in the course of your work and can pay a lump sum or regular payments to cover loss of earnings.
  • Employers’ liability insurance (EL) – is a legal requirement if you employ staff, with a minimum of £5 million of cover to protect your employees.
  • Tools insurance – available with our public liability insurance policy, provides cover from £1,000 to £5,000 for the replacement of your lost, damaged or stolen tools.
  • Good in transit insurance – provides cover for your goods against theft, loss or damage while they are being transported in your own vehicle, or on your behalf by a third-party carrier. The policy can cover theft of items whilst in transit; damage caused by an accident during transit; loss of items during transit; and damage caused to items during transit.
  • Plant insurance (PI) – we offer cover for both hired-in and owned plant equipment. Plant insurance can cover the costs incurred for ongoing lease hire for hired-in plant while the hired plant is being replaced, recovered or repaired, and can cover the cost of repairing or replacing owned plant following theft, loss or damage (accidental or malicious) to your equipment.
  • Contract works insurance – cover for costs incurred in having to re-do work that is part of a contract, including the cost of the tools, materials and the labour, should the existing work be destroyed by fire, flood, or theft.
  • Professional indemnity insurance (PI) – covers professionals who give advice, provide designs or other professional services to customers and covers allegations of negligent work.

The excess is the amount you pay towards a claim you make on your insurance policy. For example, if you make a claim for £1,000 for stolen tools and your excess is £200, then your payout will be £800.

Insurance policyLowest excessHighest excess
Public liability insurance£250£250
Employers’ liability insurance£0£0
Tools & trade materials cover (can only be purchased with the public liability policy)£250£250
Personal accident insurance£0£0
Professional indemnity insurance£250£500

Please note the figures shown are for illustrative purposes only and any excess applied to your quote may differ, or affect the price.

Contact us

Call 0333 321 1403

Our understanding of the freelance sector and the challenges you face daily, enables us to tailor our insurance products to meet your needs. Contact us to talk about your insurance requirements and to better understand the insurance we offer.

Get in touch
Contact Caunce O'Hara for your business insurance today