hero image

Plasterers Insurance

Tailored business insurance for self-employed plasterers

Start your quote
feefo logo

Cover for your business, staff, tools and equipment

Quick online quotes in less than 90 seconds

Rated 4.7 out of 5 by our customers on Feefo

plasterers insurance intro image

Caunce O’Hara tradesman insurance provides comprehensive industry-specific cover for a range of risks faced daily by plasterers which will respond to cover the cost of potential mistakes and accidents.

Ever wondered what would happen if you accidentally injured someone during a job? Or how you’d cope if a plastering job didn’t quite go as planned? Our plasterer’s insurance will protect you so you can concentrate on spreading.

Start your quote

What is plasterers insurance?

Public liability insurance is the most commonly required type of cover for tradespeople. Our trades insurance for plasterers will cover you if someone experiences an injury or property damage as a result of your plastering business.

The policy will cover you for claims such as:

  • Accidents that occur in the course of your plastering work or your employee’s plastering work. (Bear in mind if you employ staff you are legally required to hold employers’ liability insurance).
  • Damage caused by yourself or an employee to someone else’s property.
  • Injury caused to someone else by yourself or an employee.

We also offer a range of other trades insurance policies to protect plasterers, which enable you to tailor a trades insurance package that will fully protect your business, your staff and your equipment.


Why do plasterers need insurance?

Accidents occur in everyday life, and things can also go wrong due to something that‘s beyond your control, so it’s important to ensure you’re prepared to minimise the impact on your business with our plasterers insurance.

Examples of why plasters need insurance can include:

  • You’re plastering a customer’s living room and your apprentice has covered the carpets but hasn’t been as thorough as they should’ve been. As a result, plaster spills and damages the carpet beneath. The customer claims against you for the cost of cleaning the carpet. Public liability insurance will cover you for the cost of the claim.
  • Your apprentice is stood on a small step ladder covering the windows so plastering can begin. They lose their balance and fall, injuring their ankle in the process. Employers’ liability insurance or personal accident insurance will respond to cover a claim to cover their loss of earnings whilst they are unable to work.
  • You finish a plastering job and the customer is very pleased. You forget to advise them to wait at least two weeks for the plaster to fully dry before they decorate. The customers starts hanging wallpaper within a week and the paper starts to bubble because the plaster beneath isn’t fully dry. They make a claim against you for negligence, saying you didn’t advise them how to care for their newly plastered wall properly. Professional indemnity insurance will respond to cover you for a claim such as this.


Why choose Caunce O'Hara for your plasterers insurance?

As trades insurance experts, we're your number one choice for your business protection.

plasterers insurance media list image

Trusted by over 23,000 clients for their business insurance.


Immediate cover available, with documents issued via email in minutes!


Over 25 years’ experience of insuring self-employed professionals, including freelancers, contractors, and small business owners.

Golden star
I had spoken to Caunce O'Hara prior to the transaction and it all went smoothly for me. I have used them now for 12 years.
Trusted Customer
Golden star
Excellent Customer service and value for money. Best public liability, professional indemnity and employers liability insurance offer I’ve come across.
Trusted Customer
Golden star
Company insurances renewed for another year with Caunce O'Hara. No drama, issues or concerns.
Trusted Customer

Frequently asked questions about plasterers insurance

At Caunce O’Hara we give you the opportunity to customise your insurance to meet your needs, including:

Third-party injury – A passer-by sustains an injury when they slip on wet plaster that has spilled onto the pavement outside whilst you were mixing.

Property damage – You accidentally damage a customer’s property when carrying your equipment into the premises.

Negligent work – You plaster the walls in a customer’s home, but the plaster blisters and bubbles meaning the walls can neither be painted nor wallpapered. Your client alleges negligence in your work and seeks compensation for the plastering to be redone.

Theft or damage to tools and trade materials – Whilst plastering a customer’s home, your van is broken into and your essential tools are stolen.

If you just want basic public liability cover for potential accidents caused to third parties or third-party property damage, that’s fine with us. But if you want to cover extra incidents such as protection for your employees, work accidents, or negligence claims then we can help you with that too. We have a range of covers to suit most requirements.

Caunce O’Hara are specialists for trades insurance. These are just a few of the reasons to choose us for your cover:

Quick online quotes

By completing our simple online quote form you can get a quote in as little as 90 seconds.

Affordable protection

We have always strived to provide value for money for our clients. Our pricing is fully transparent, meaning you won’t be charged any hidden or unnecessary fees.

Platinum rated customer service

Looking after our customers has always been at the top of Caunce O’Hara’s priorities, which is reflected in our positive Feefo feedback.

Over 25 years’ experience

We have been offering business insurance to self-employed professionals since 1995. As a result we understand the needs of self-employed business owners and freelance contractors, which enables us to provide the cover you need.

The cost of an annual premium varies depending on your type of cover and the level of cover you need. Our trades public liability insurance for plasterers starts from as little as £88.33 for £1million of annual cover, which we think represents real value for money.

As well as public liability insurance, we offer a range of insurance covers for your individual circumstances, including:

  • Personal accident insurance – covers you for accidents sustained in the course of your work and can pay a lump sum or regular payments to cover loss of earnings.
  • Employers’ liability insurance (EL) – is a legal requirement if you employ staff, with a minimum of £5 million of cover to protect your employees.
  • Tools insurance – available with our public liability insurance policy, provides cover from £1,000 to £5,000 for the replacement of your lost, damaged or stolen tools.
  • Good in transit insurance – provides cover for your goods against theft, loss or damage while they are being transported in your own vehicle, or on your behalf by a third-party carrier. The policy can cover theft of items whilst in transit; damage caused by an accident during transit; loss of items during transit; and damage caused to items during transit.
  • Plant insurance (PI) – we offer cover for both hired-in and owned plant equipment. Plant insurance can cover the costs incurred for ongoing lease hire for hired-in plant while the hired plant is being replaced, recovered or repaired, and can cover the cost of repairing or replacing owned plant following theft, loss or damage (accidental or malicious) to your equipment.
  • Contract works insurance – cover for costs incurred in having to re-do work that is part of a contract, including the cost of the tools, materials and the labour, should the existing work be destroyed by fire, flood, or theft.
  • Professional indemnity insurance (PI) – covers professionals who give advice, provide designs or other professional services to customers and covers allegations of negligent work.

The excess is the amount you pay towards a claim you make on your insurance policy. For example, if you make a claim for £1,000 for stolen tools and your excess is £200, then your payout will be £800.

Insurance policyLowest excessHighest excess
Public liability insurance£250£250
Employers’ liability insurance£0£0
Tools & trade materials cover (can only be purchased with the public liability policy)£250£250
Personal accident insurance£0£0
Professional indemnity insurance£250£500

Please note the figures shown are for illustrative purposes only and any excess applied to your quote may differ.

Contact us

Call 0333 321 1403

Our understanding of the freelance sector and the challenges you face daily, enables us to tailor our insurance products to meet your needs. Contact us to talk about your insurance requirements and to better understand the insurance we offer.

Get in touch
Contact Caunce O'Hara for your business insurance today