hero image

Tilers Insurance

Expert insurance for self-employed tilers

Start your quote
feefo logo

Cover for your business, staff, tools and equipment

Quick online quotes in less than 90 seconds

Rated 4.7 out of 5 by our customers on Feefo

tiler insurance intro image

Tiling is a skill that enables you to create beautiful indoor spaces for your clients. But it is not without its risks, so it’s important to ensure that you’re covered so you can concentrate on the job. Carrying adequate insurance protection in case there’s an accident or something didn’t quite go as planned enables you to work with peace of mind.

Start your quote

What is tilers insurance?

Tilers insurance will protect you and your business if something goes wrong. Our insurance policies offer a range cover for trades professionals, and we can tailor your tilers insurance to meet the specific needs of your business.


Why do tilers need insurance?

Accidents occur and things go wrong, sometimes due to factors that are beyond your control, therefore it’s important to be prepared so you can minimise the potential financial impact on your business.

Examples of why tilers need insurance can include:

  • You’re cutting tiles with a sharp tools, working with sharp edged tiles, and plaster. All of these represent potential hazards to your health. Personal accident insurance will cover you for the cost of a claim for loss of earnings in the event you suffer an accident or illness as a result of your work.
  • You’re carrying your kit into your customer’s home and you accidentally damage a door and frame in the process which requires repair. Public liability insurance will cover you for the cost of the claim to put the damage right again.

Why choose Caunce O'Hara for your insurance?

As trades insurance experts, we're your number one choice for your business protection.

tiler insurance media list image

Trusted by over 23,000 clients for their business insurance.


Immediate cover available, with documents issued via email in minutes!


Over 25 years’ experience of insuring self-employed professionals, including freelancers, contractors, and small business owners.

Golden star
I had spoken to Caunce O'Hara prior to the transaction and it all went smoothly for me. I have used them now for 12 years.
Trusted Customer
Golden star
Excellent Customer service and value for money. Best public liability, professional indemnity and employers liability insurance offer I’ve come across.
Trusted Customer
Golden star
Company insurances renewed for another year with Caunce O'Hara. No drama, issues or concerns.
Trusted Customer

Frequently asked questions about tiler insurance

At Caunce O’Hara we offer the opportunity to customise your trades insurance to meet your needs, including:

Property damage – You accidentally damage a customer’s wall when carrying your equipment into the premises requiring the damage to be repaired.

Injury to the general public – A passer-by sustains an injury when they trip over your discarded materials that have been left outside customers’ premises.

Theft or damage to your tools and trade materials – Whilst fitting tiles at a customer’s home, your van is broken into and your essential tools are stolen.


Caunce O’Hara are experts for tradesman insurance. These are just a few of the reasons to choose us for your cover:

Quick online quotes

Complete our simple online quote form and get a quote in as little as 90 seconds.

Affordable protection

Our pricing is fully transparent, meaning you won’t be charged any hidden or unnecessary fees.

Platinum rated customer service

Customer service has always been at the top of Caunce O’Hara’s priorities, which is reflected in our positive Feefo feedback.

Over 25 years’ experience

We have been offering business insurance to self-employed professionals since 1995. As a result we understand the needs of self-employed business owners and contractors, which enables us to provide the cover you need.

The cost of an annual premium varies depending on your type of cover and the level of cover you need. Our trades public liability insurance for tilers starts from £56.54*, which we think represents real value for money.

* Price quoted is an annual figure, inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax at the current rate, and based on a tiler requiring £1million public liability insurance, with 1 employee, 5+ years trading and no claims in the last 3 years.


As well as public liability insurance, we offer a range of insurance covers for your individual circumstances, including:

  • Personal accident insurance – covers you for accidents sustained in the course of your work and can pay a lump sum or regular payments to cover loss of earnings.
  • Employers’ liability insurance (EL) – is a legal requirement if you employ staff, with a minimum of £5 million of cover to protect your employees.
  • Tools insurance – available with our public liability insurance policy, provides cover from £1,000 to £5,000 for the replacement of your lost, damaged or stolen tools.
  • Good in transit insurance – provides cover for your goods against theft, loss or damage while they are being transported in your own vehicle, or on your behalf by a third-party carrier. The policy can cover theft of items whilst in transit; damage caused by an accident during transit; loss of items during transit; and damage caused to items during transit.
  • Plant insurance (PI) – we offer cover for both hired-in and owned plant equipment. Plant insurance can cover the costs incurred for ongoing lease hire for hired-in plant while the hired plant is being replaced, recovered or repaired, and can cover the cost of repairing or replacing owned plant following theft, loss or damage (accidental or malicious) to your equipment.
  • Contract works insurance – cover for costs incurred in having to re-do work that is part of a contract, including the cost of the tools, materials and the labour, should the existing work be destroyed by fire, flood, or theft.
  • Professional indemnity insurance (PI) – covers professionals who give advice, provide designs or other professional services to customers and covers allegations of negligent work.

The excess is the amount you pay towards a claim you make on your insurance policy. For example, if you make a claim for £1,000 for stolen tools and your excess is £200, then your payout will be £800.

Insurance policyLowest excessHighest excess
Public liability insurance£250£250
Employers’ liability insurance£0£0
Tools & trade materials cover (can only be purchased with the public liability policy)£250£250
Personal accident insurance£0£0
Professional indemnity insurance£250£500

Please note the figures shown are for illustrative purposes only and any excess applied to your quote may differ, or affect the price.


Contact us

Call 0333 321 1403

Our understanding of the freelance sector and the challenges you face daily, enables us to tailor our insurance products to meet your needs. Contact us to talk about your insurance requirements and to better understand the insurance we offer.

Get in touch
Contact Caunce O'Hara for your business insurance today