Call Us: 0161 833 2100

Energy Contractors Insurance

We've got you covered.

Get your quote

Those contractors working in the oil and gas sector know that insurance requirements differ from mainstream offerings.

We have insured energy sector contractors for over fifteen years and provide bespoke liability policies that deliver; whether you work upstream, downstream or in specialist areas.

Our tailored energy contractors’ insurance covers you if you work on offshore installations at power stations, chemical works, oil refineries, nuclear plants, wind-farms or in other energy specific professions.

We insure companies registered or individuals paying taxes in the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man with cover for both UK and Europe offshore, USA and Canada including Gulf of Mexico offshore and the rest of the world.

Insuring energy sector workers

The energy sector is complex and the insurance required to satisfy contracts can be onerous but you can be assured that wherever you go, we will look after you with our energy contractors insurance.

Our offshore insurance policies including: Portable Equipment, Public Liability, Professional Indemnity, Personal Accident, Travel.

Contact our friendly team today on 0333 321 1403 for a quote.

Keeping your business covered

Our flexible policies let you choose the right level of cover for your business. And if you’re not sure, just give our knowledgeable insurance experts a call and we’ll help you choose. Our cover includes:

  • Professional indemnity insurance

    Probably the most important cover an energy contractor needs, insuring you for claims if you’re sued for a mistake that happened as a result of your work, or if a dissatisfied customer files a negligence claim against you. Choose from five limits of cover from £100,000 to £2mill.

  • Business combined insurance

    Great value, complete cover for your business in one simple bundle. Includes:

    • Public liability insurance for £1 million, with the option to increase to £5m, if you have to visit client premises or they visit yours.
    • Employers’ liability insurance for £10 million, covering you for claims from employees for injury or illness during their employment. This is legally required for most companies, and is compulsory for many contracts.
    • Office contents insurance up to £10,000 to protect your office contents, computer equipment and furniture against accidental damage and theft, with optional insurance for portable equipment.
    • Directors’ and officers’ liability insurance from £250,000 in case you’re held personally responsible in claims against your business by creditors, employees, customers or regulatory bodies like HMRC.
  • Tax enquiry and legal expenses insurance

    Protects your business against the costs of legal action taken against you, including contract disputes, debt recovery, tax, VAT and HMRC investigations.

  • Personal accident and sickness insurance

    24-hour protection (not just while you’re at work) against personal accidents or sickness, to make sure you can keep paying the bills.

  • Portable equipment cover

    This insurance will cover your Portable Electronic Equipment when working away from your own premises or based at a client's site. The insurance will cover accidental physical loss (including theft) or damage. You can choose whether or not this cover is within the UK, Europe or Worldwide.

    Examples of equipment covered:
    Blackberries or other PDA's
    Digital cameras
    Hardware and tools
    Mobile phones
    Video cameras and equipment
    Level of cover

    The policy provides cover for electronic portable equipment from £1,000 up to a limit of £5,000 and is subject to an excess of £100 which means that you will pay the first £100 of any claim. In respect of mobile phones the policy excess increases to £250 each and every claim.

    If you require higher levels of cover than the drop down fields allow, please contact us on 03333 211403. We can arrange for the higher sums insured but this is something we need to discuss over the phone primarily.


  • Competitive pricing
  • Dedicated handlers to assist with your queries
  • Documents issued instantly via e-mail
  • Access to your own claims team
  • Cover for legal defence costs and compensation bills
  • Monthly payments
4.8/5 4.85/5
  • "I have been with Caunce O'Hara for almost 12 years now and am always very pleased with their service and customer support as well as the costs for the cover."
  • "I have automatically renewed my indemnity insurance for several years but as I have gradually reduced work commitments I needed to discuss my options prior to making a decision about renewal.
    I found the person I dealt with very helpful and knowledgeable about my options."
  • "Used these before then changed to another broker who could not help me with an update to my insurance. Caunce O'Hara had no problem and set up my insurance in about five minutes. Highly recommended."
  • "Insurance Renewal - Plenty of warning up front as to renewal date, requests for any changes and quote. Reminder leading to actual renewal date. New certificates available on date agreed. Can't complain at all about the service."
  • "A very helpful, kowledgable and adaptable telephone advisor enabled discussion beyond standard questions in order to secure the most approprite insurance honed to my business deeds and relevant discounts. This led to the most comptitive quote over other larger companies."
  • "All correspondence has always been clear and reply to questions swiftly answered. Cost is very competitive. Would definitely recommend."
Read more reviews

Get in touch

Give us a call and tell us all about your indemnity requirements.

0161 833 2100

We're here for you Mon - Fri 8:30am - 6:00pm

Can't get through right now? Request a callback

Call me back

Latest Posts