Call Us: 0333 321 1403

Offshore Insurance
Oil & Gas Contractors Insurance

Easy, quick and personalised. Get a FREE quote today.

Get your quote

Those who operate in the oil and gas industry often face much more stringent insurance requirements than anyone else.

As your work will often take you overseas, you will need an insurance policy that can keep up with these demands and offer coverage in the UK and overseas.

With the added risk that is present in your sector, having the correct offshore insurance policies in place is imperative in case anything should go wrong on a project.

Tailored oil and gas insurance coverage

At Caunce O’Hara, we have a full range of oil and gas engineering professions covered by tailored policies that provide the exact level of coverage required by your individual situation.

Whether you’re looking for gas engineer insurance and work in domestic homes or are looking for offshore insurance working as a gas contractor, you will find a suitable policy with us.

Call 0333 321 1403 to speak to one of our team and to request a quote.

Find out more about Energy Contractor insurance.

What Insurance Do I Need?

Build your custom oil and gas engineer insurance policy. We offer:

  • Professional Indemnity Insurance

    Working in the oil and gas industry isn’t like any other profession, so your professional indemnity insurance policy won’t be the same, either. Some contractors won’t let you take on work without the right level of professional indemnity insurance in place. This will cover you for a range of incidents which may arise throughout the duration of your contract as an oil or gas professional. With our online quote engine, you can now get your insurance coverage in just a few clicks, meaning you’re able to take on new contracts as soon as you’re covered.

  • Business Combined Insurance

    To simplify the gas contractor insurance process and make it easier for contractors to get the coverage they need, we’ve built a business combined insurance policy that is ideal for oil and gas workers. This policy includes public liability insurance, office contents insurance, employer’s liability insurance and directors and officers insurance. This level of insurance policy not only protects you and your business, but it also shows your clients and customers that you take the risks associated with your work seriously.

  • Personal Accident & Sickness Insurance

    When working in a high-risk field, you are exposed to the threat of injury or illness more than office-based workers. Whether you are working onshore or offshore, or if you work at height or not, it makes sense to cover yourself in the event you are too sick or injured to work. As a contractor, it is unlikely that you will receive sick pay if you are unable to work, and statutory sick pay is rarely sufficient to cover all of your monthly expenses. With personal accident and sickness insurance from Caunce O’Hara, you will have peace of mind that, should the worst happen, you and your family won’t have to struggle to make ends meet.

  • Travel Insurance

    It’s a fact of life for oil and gas workers that travel is an essential part of your work. With our annual oil and gas engineer travel insurance, you and your family will be covered on unlimited worldwide trips whether you are travelling for work or a holiday. Get in touch today to find out how we can build the right travel insurance coverage for you, whether you work onshore or offshore in the oil and gas industry.

  • Tax Enquiry & Legal Expenses

    Even if you have a compliant contract and you believe your working practices are outside of IR35, HMRC could still come knocking at your door. As a contractor, holding a Tax Enquiry and Legal Expenses policy protects you against the costs of an IR35 investigation. This is an essential part of an oil and gas engineer insurance policy as it will protect you from anything from a contract dispute to a VAT enquiry. We also offer a free legal advice helpline to all Caunce O’Hara customers so you don’t have to worry about the cost of legal advice causing more problems.


  • Competitive pricing
  • Dedicated handlers to assist with your queries
  • Documents issued instantly via e-mail
  • Access to your own claims team
  • Cover for legal defence costs and compensation bills
  • Monthly payments
4.8/5 4.85/5
  • "A very helpful, kowledgable and adaptable telephone advisor enabled discussion beyond standard questions in order to secure the most approprite insurance honed to my business deeds and relevant discounts. This led to the most comptitive quote over other larger companies."
  • "I have automatically renewed my indemnity insurance for several years but as I have gradually reduced work commitments I needed to discuss my options prior to making a decision about renewal.
    I found the person I dealt with very helpful and knowledgeable about my options."
  • "Used these before then changed to another broker who could not help me with an update to my insurance. Caunce O'Hara had no problem and set up my insurance in about five minutes. Highly recommended."
  • "All correspondence has always been clear and reply to questions swiftly answered. Cost is very competitive. Would definitely recommend."
  • "Insurance Renewal - Plenty of warning up front as to renewal date, requests for any changes and quote. Reminder leading to actual renewal date. New certificates available on date agreed. Can't complain at all about the service."
  • "I have been with Caunce O'Hara for almost 12 years now and am always very pleased with their service and customer support as well as the costs for the cover."
Read more reviews

Get in touch

Give us a call and tell us all about your indemnity requirements.

0333 321 1403

We're here for you Mon - Fri 8:30am - 6:00pm

Can't get through right now? Request a callback

Call me back

Latest Posts