Liabilities insurance and professional indemnity insurance for engineersStart Your Quote
Quick and easy online quote and buy in minutes!
Trusted by over 25,000 businesses across the UK
Immediate and comprehensive insurance cover
Caunce O'Hara have been providing comprehensive insurance for engineers for over 25 years.
Our vast experience of insuring engineering contractors is aligned with our comprehensive policies, which makes us the outstanding choice for your engineer’s insurance.
Build your engineering insurance quote online with us today.
Simply click the ‘Start Your Quote’ button.Start Your Quote
Engineering contractor insurance policies that cover you against the risks you face in your professional role.
Your clients need engineers they can rely on and they’re putting their business in your hands.
We understand that mistakes happen and unfortunately fixing them can be expensive. Whether it’s an error in design calculations or flaws in product design, mistakes could cause problems for your client’s business and yours too.
At Caunce O’Hara we offer cover for a variety of roles, including CAD designers, mechanical engineers, design engineers, field engineers, and health & safety engineers across a wide range of sectors.
Purchasing your business insurance from Caunce O’Hara means that if things go wrong, we’re on hand to help you.
Engineering insurance available includes:
Get a quick online quote for your engineering insurance today.
To start your online engineering insurance quote, simply click the ‘Start Your Quote’ button. You can see an indicative quote in as little as 90 seconds!Start Your Quote
Covered, so you can work worry free.
Caunce O’Hara offer comprehensive insurance for a range of engineering professions including:
Choose from our range of insurance protection products below. Simply click for a quick online quote.
Protects against claims of alleged negligence in your professional services, advice and designs.Start Your Quote
Protects against injuring a member of the public or damaging their property. Click to build a quote online in minutes.Start Your Quote
A legal requirement for anyone employing staff. Protects your business in-case an employee is injured at work.Start Your Quote
Cover for contract disputes, tax investigations, court attendance, debt recovery, and more.Start Your Quote
Cover for work injuries, illnesses caused by work and compensation awards.Start Your Quote
Protection for losses from fraud, dishonesty, theft, bribery, forgery, and loss investigations.Start Your Quote
There are many benefits to our business insurance for engineers, below are a few of them.
We’re rated 4.7 out of 5 from 3,500+ reviews at Feefo.com.
! Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam.
Find out more about our business insurance products here.
If you are unsure if you need professional indemnity insurance, this list of instances when it is advisable to be insured:
▪ You provide an expert service to your clients
▪ You provide consultancy and advice to your clients
▪ You handle personal information and data for your clients
▪ Your professional membership body insists you carry it
▪ Your client insists that you have it.
The level of protection you need will depend on the value of the work you do and the potential liability. Caunce O’Hara can help you build the ideal insurance policy that will help protect all areas of your business.
Available limits of indemnity range from £50,000 cover per annum up to £5,000,000 per annum.
▪ Legal expenses – Should a claim be made against you the policy will provide cover to help with the cost of legal proceedings.
▪ Cost of repairs – The cost of repairing damage to the claimant’s property, such as accidentally knocking over and breaking a valuable ornament in their offices during a meeting, or a plumber causing a leak/flood to a customer’s premises and damaging carpets as a result.
▪ Medical fees – The cost of hospital treatment, including ambulance call-out, if a claim is made against you for these.
▪ Compensation claims – Injury to third parties or damage to their property if an accident occurs on your business premises, a client’s premises or elsewhere.
Employers Liability cover is required by law for most businesses. You will need it if:
▪ You deduct Income Tax and National Insurance Contributions from the money you pay your employees.
▪ You have control over where and when your employees work.
▪ You have the right to claim profit made by your employees.
▪ You provide the equipment and materials your employees use.
▪ You need them to perform the job you employ them for and if the employee is unable to provide a substitute if they are unable to work.
▪ You have part-time or temporary employees.