The extra value you will discover in our Legal Expenses Insurance
Posted on 3rd March 2021 by Phil Ainley MCIM CMktr
The world of business can be complicated. Whether you own a limited company with yourself as the sole employee or are a leader of a market leading organisation, the challenges are similar only on a different scale.
As a business leader or business owner you need to know all the ins and outs of running a business including taxation; employment rights; trading laws across different borders; health &safety; risk management; GDPR & data protection; security; cyber; property & premises; financial management and much more!
This list is not exhaustive, but only an indicator of what you are required to know about. Running a business can be daunting and at time it can be a very lonely existence, especially in times as hard as we have experienced during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Where can you look for help?
As a business leader you will be posed with questions that you may struggle to answer If you are leading a large organisation, you will no doubt have specialist teams to deal with any issues that may arise. What if you are a freelancer or contractor who owns a limited company or a sole trader, where do you look for help?
- You could search online.
- You could discuss any issues with your accountant or business adviser.
- You could even ask your business contacts.
…but how will you know if the advice you receive is correct?
Introducing the Markel Law Hub
The Markel Law Hub is an online resource containing a range of documents and articles to help you manage the various laws you can encounter when running a business.
Split into 14 legal categories, the hub covers:
- Care Sector.
- Contracts and Trading.
- Cyber Security.
- Data Protection & GDPR.
- Debt & Insolvency.
- Debt Recovery.
- Health & Safety.
- Northern Ireland.
As well as providing Legal Health Check questionnaires to help you assess your company’s compliance against UK laws and best practice, so you can plan for improvements.
The Law Hub also contains four categories about “being in business”, covering:
- Starting out in business.
- Retail business.
- Landlords and tenants.
The Law Hub currently serves over 50,000 users and contains:
- 800+ DIY legal resources including contracts, policies, forms, and letter templates from Markel’s expert solicitors.
- Free legal updates, templates, guidance documents, checklists, and useful links.
- 460+ straight-forward guides.
- 350+ links to key resources.
- Up-to-date information on new legislation and case-law.
- Live Chat available Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00.
- Legal helpline.
The hub provides value for business professionals from organisations of all sizes, including small business owners, freelancers and contractors.
How do you access this treasure-trove of information and resources?
There are two ways you can access the Markel Law Hub.
- Simply purchase a Tax Enquiry and Legal Expenses Insurance policy from us for only £75.00. Click here to purchase the Tax Enquiry and Legal Expenses Insurance online, it only takes a few minutes via our online system, or call our friendly team on 0333 321 1403.
- If you feel you do not require Tax Enquiry and Legal Expenses Insurance but would benefit from access to the Law Hub, you can purchase an annual subscription for only £189.00 +VAT. Click here Markel Law Hub for details.
Back to News