Call Us: 0161 833 2100

Those who work in technical engineering appreciate that a high level of attention to detail is needed to succeed.

When it comes to choosing an insurance policy to protect your career, it makes sense to choose a company with a similar level of attention to detail.

Every policy from Caunce O’Hara is specifically tailored to the needs of the individual, meaning that you won’t be sold more than you need or left without vital coverage.

For those working in the technical engineering field, there are a number of unfortunate events that might require insurance coverage. Although these situations might be rare, insurance coverage can go a long way in letting your clients know that you take your career and work very seriously.

Get the cover your business needs

Call us on 0161 833 2100 and speak to our friendly advisors.

Call me back

What Insurance Do I Need?

Build your custom technical engineer insurance policy. We offer:

  • Professional Indemnity Insurance

    Working as a technical engineer means that you probably work on a freelance or contract basis. As such, you won’t be afforded the same level of protection as you would if you were a full-time employee. If something goes wrong as a result of your work, you may be liable for any claims made against you. Professional indemnity insurance can help to create a buffer between you and your work, meaning you won’t be financially responsible for any claims made against you. Many clients won’t let you start working with them without professional indemnity coverage tailored specifically to the technical engineering industry. Get in touch to discuss building your ideal insurance policy.

  • Business Combined Insurance

    To simplify the technical engineer insurance process and make it easier for contractors to find the coverage they need, we created the business combined insurance policy. This includes public liability insurance, office contents insurance with the option to add portable equipment cover, employer’s liability insurance and directors and officers insurance. This will ensure you are protected from a number of business problems, including claims against you by an employee to a break in at your office.

  • Personal Accident & Sickness Insurance

    As a freelance or contract technical engineer, you won’t be afforded the same level of protection as a full-time employee will enjoy. If you are ever unable to work due to illness or an injury, you simply won’t get paid for your time. This can have a huge impact on your earnings and make it more difficult to meet your monthly financial commitments. With personal accident and sickness insurance, you’ll be protected in the event you are injured or too sick to work. If the worst should happen, you and family won’t have to struggle to make ends meet.

  • Travel Insurance

    Freelancers and contractors travel more for work than traditional employees. If travel is a big part of your working day, you will want to make sure you are covered for any accidents or mishaps that happen along the way. With our annual travel insurance policy for technical engineers, you and your family will be protected for unlimited worldwide trips. So whether you’re soaking up the sun in Spain or meeting a new client in Sheffield, you’ll be fully protected.

  • Tax Enquiry & Legal Expenses

    As a freelance or contract technical engineer, you probably spend a lot of time making sure that your taxes are completed on-time and free from errors. Even if you have a compliant contact and believe that your work is outside of IR35 regulations, this doesn’t mean you are safe. HMRC can still come knocking at your door with a tax enquiry. Defending yourself from a tax enquiry can be very expensive and time-consuming, and it can even have an impact on your earning potential. With our tax enquiry and legal expenses cover, you’ll have access to support and advice throughout the tax enquiry process.

The benefits of Caunce O’Hara insurance


Need help?

Let us assist you

Click to chat live